Registration is a 2-STEP Process:
Upload as often as you wish. Future uploads overwrite previous versions. Resumes shared with participating employers.
Job Seekers must have a ticket to be admitted
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR VISIT A SUCCESS
FREE PARKING is available at TWO LOCATIONS:
- Satellite Parking nearby with FREE Shuttle Service at Virginia Randolph Park/Glen Allen Softball Complex, 2206 Mountain Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23060 Open at 8:30 AM, plenty of parking with free shuttles to the Cultural Arts Center. The Shuttle Van pickup area is marked by RVA Career Expo signs. Shuttles run continuously all day between this lot and the Cultural Arts Center.
- Limited Parking available at The Cultural Arts Center at 2880 Mountain Rd., Glen Allen, VA 23060. Open to job seekers at 8:45 AM, most spaces are reserved for employers. Limited parking is available for job seekers filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Over 100 companies will be on hand to recruit for jobs, internships, business and educational opportunities. To make the most of your visit we advise you to study our Participating Company List with Jobs, Room and Table assignments, and company contact information.
Develop a game plan to maximize your time at the expo. Make a list of target companies and map out your visit. Make sure to visit with companies of interest even if they aren’t recruiting for jobs in your field. Allow time to network and for unexpected opportunities and conversations.
Be prepared with questions for each recruiter. Expect to be asked, “Why do you want to work for our company?” Here are some other suggestions to help you stand out and be memorable:
- Bring several paper copies of your Resume.
- Bring personal Business Cards.
- Practice your Elevator Pitch.
- Dress for success.
- Study the Participating Company List with Jobs, Room and Table assignments, and company contact information.
- Use a firm handshake, a warm smile, good eye contact, and a strong voice.
- Studies show hiring decisions are made within 15 seconds of meeting a candidate, so strive to make a good impression!
- Gather business cards or contact information from each person of interest.
- Network with recruiters, volunteer staff and fellow job seekers in attendance to learn about other possibilities in your field.